Wanna help me hike?

Thursday, May 2, 2013

New From Wolverine

Wednesday, May 1st, 2013

What a fantastic way to start the day.  This is the first morning I've had so far on this trail that has been warm and dry. I haven't thrown my gear together in between raindrops or lamented the fact that condensation alone had made my sleeping bag twice as heavy as it usually is. Nope, this morning I awoke to a cacophony of birds singing. I opened my tent flap and felt a gentle breeze. As the sun came up, I cooked up a small pot of coffee and sat among the pines, trying to count how many different birds I could hear. It was nice to stretch my legs and apply a thick slab of sun screen to my face and neck while I got ready for today's hike. I know I'll be following the Southern Links Trail through the town of Millington but after that, I'm not exactly sure and I'm fine with that. That's part of the beauty of the trail: I never know what the day has in store for me or where I'll wind up. I just let the path unfold before me and see what adventures await. The excitement is building - it's time to hike! 

No comments:

Post a Comment