Wanna help me hike?

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Relay For Life

The Taylor Relay For Life is May 18th and 19th this year. I really wanted to be involved - it's a charity that my housemates support and an event they participate in every single year. It occurred to me that I could take a 'zero' day from the trail. That is, a day with no trail miles hiked. I could get off the trail, come to Taylor and participate in the Relay For Life as a one man team! Walk all 24 hours of the relay on the track on my own. It's kind of a gimmick but that's sometimes what gets people's attention and gets them to donate. I think about my buddy Astro from the Pacific Crest Trail. He hiked all 2,600 miles of the PCT with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Inspirational to say the least. If he can do that, I can do this. Please hit the link below and give as best you can. Thank you.


2 comments:

  1. Amazing and truely from the heart. You KNOW you can do this. And I never doubt you. It'll be great having you there!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Relay For Life event turned out to be a blast. I walked 49.6 miles in the 24 hour period, I raised money for the American Cancer Society, I made some new friends and ate some great food. I was moved by the huge number of people affected by cancer and by the enthusiasm of the other people raising money. I had lots of support and friends and family that joined me in the journey. If I'm not on the CDT next spring, I'll do it again.

    ReplyDelete